Laxius Power
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laxius Power

A Back up forum of the Laxius community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Indinera
Magic Master
Magic Master
Indinera

Male
Number of posts : 2123
I\'m : Demoniac Bearer
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Character sheet
Creature: Human
Class: Creator
Element: Thunder

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Empty
PostSubject: Tangar Mnts Walkthrough   Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Submitted by Gauliez

I used ReverendD walkthrough to make this one, even if I didn't take the same path...
The score into brackets refer to The Orb of Knowledge score.
Oth means Other Items,
Val means Valued Action,....
Some objects do score (Mithril i.e), but since I have already found one before, I didn't wrote it back for the next ones.

[size=150]Tangar mountains[/size]

Tangar mountains is the biggest dungeon of the game...
They are several huge maps, and many ways to go through. I will mark on the map all what I found, and I will make my walkthrough of Tangar mountain. If you want, you can take a path different of mine, just using the map. However, be sure you got everything at the end, or come back later if you missed something...
I haven’t charted all the mountains, since there is a full map totally useless (no item inside). This is the one I called Tangar Mountains north. I will perhaps do it one day if I have nothing better to do.

-Tips-
Spells :
When you heal your party, unless your in a battle dont use Tsunami or any other mass heal spell, just use Wave. The cost is lower even if you heal all the characters. The only time I use a mass healing speel is if I am in battle and need it.
I found Sarahs' Nymph's Para and Lucianas' Air Cone to be the best spells for many battles simply because it replenishes the character HP and MP. Even if the creature doesn’t have any MP, HP is still replenished.

[size=150]Tangar Mountains main area[/size]

The Tangar Mountains are huge and there are a lot of battles that you can’t escape from, so I advise you to be well prepared. I highly suggest you complete all the side quests before attempting the mountains, as you’ll need optimum equipment and HP. If you’ve done this, Sarah should have the Nymph’s Para spell (or will get it shortly after entering the mountains), which can refill her magic & HP, and Luci has the Air Cone spell for the same purpose, which can be really helpful. My preference for party members at this point is to always use Sarah and Luci, (Luci will become a very valuable player later in the game when Sarah will be unavailable) and switch back and forth between Coryool and Leanda so neither gets too behind, as you‘ll probably need to use them both later.

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Tangarmain1bupv0

Location A : This path leads to the Upper West Plains, location X
Location B : This door leads to the Tangar Mountains first caves, location R. I won’t go there first, but I will explore the outdoor.
Location C : Both chests are empty.
Location D : 3 Express Food in the pot.
Location E : Most of the pots of the tangarian mountains are trapped. From now, I will only mark a pot if there is something else than the 3 lutins. You can however fight them as often as you want (leave tangar and come back), it gives you 150 Xp and 1200 gp, and the number of fight will be count somewhere... If you are lucky, they can even drop a Nenuphar Ring, a Mithril,...
Location F : You will find the Emerald Shield (400 Oth) in this chest.
Location G : In this pot, you will find 3... no, you will find an Extasia Hat.
Location H : Despite the falling rock, you will find a Misty Chainmail in this chest.
Location I : This bridge leads to Tangar Mountains West, location A. I would advise you to go here for now, and to come back after.
Location J : You can now cross this door. It will lead you to Tangar Mountains first caves, location A.
Location K : This door leads to Tangar Mountains first caves, location H.
Location L : This chest behold the book Legend of Thalbu.
Location M : While this one leads to Tangar Mountains first caves, location I.
Location N : Check this pot to find the Lady Mariah Bracelet (1000 Rel).
Location O : This bridge leads to Tangar Mountains north, the map I didn’t chart. Take it to find a Cockatrix Feather in the first barrel you will meet (north-east of the end of the bridge). That is the only thing interesting there. You will find the first broken bridge with people waiting for somebody to fix the bridge. If you climb down one of the leftest vine, you will come to a well through wich you can go, but it is just a longer way to do what we will do. If you take it however, you will arrive north of Tangar first caves, location 8. Finally, if you are in a hurry, you can head east and you will arrive at Tangar north east (2 chapters down). However, I advise you to go in the caves at least one time, cause there are some very interesting items. That is why I advise you to take the Cockatrix Feather and then come back.
Location P : In this chest is the book Cloud’s Ceremony (300 Oth), which teaches you Wind Dance.
Location Q : If you go down this vine, you will access the area shown below, with the book Christopher’s Trip (500 Oth) and 1500 gp in a chest. This book teaches you St-Christopher.

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Tangarmain24my
Back to top Go down
http://www.laxiusforce.com
Indinera
Magic Master
Magic Master
Indinera

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tangar Mnts Walkthrough   Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Location R : This is the grave of Lord Akzard. You will need to remember it for a later use.
Location S : This chest contains an Emerald.
Location T : Most of the pots of this area are trapped, so if you want to have fun... You will however find 2 Red Parsley in this one.
Location U : They are 3 Kriegler Scale in this one.
Location V : In this one stand a Cryzalis and 12000 gp.
Location W : Here is a snake nest. You can have snake fun, but it is the only thing you will get, apart from XP and 1 Antidote. Awesome.
Location X : This door leads to Tangar Mountains second caves, location L.
Location Y : This door leads to Tangar Mountains second caves, location S.
Location Z : This door leads to Tangar Mountains fifth caves, location 15.

Tangar Mnts West

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough West4okbv5

Location A : To Tangar Mountains main area, location I.
Location B : This chest is empty...
Location C : Check the pot for a Red Parsley.
Location D : You can pass behind the tree, even if it seems you can’t.
Location E : You will make here one of the biggest jump of the game, that will allow you to access to...
Location F : You will find a Huge Armor (400 Oth) in this chest. Then, climb down the vine.
Location G : In this inn, you rest for 750 gp. It is not really useful, since most of the time, it will be faster to Egress and teleport back to Rillia... However, you will find 230 gp and a Dwarven Gauntlet by searching in the inn. More important is the fact that you can save by talking to the girl in next to the inn. You can also buy her some useless stuff.
Location H : In this barrel, you will find two ingredients, a Dandelion Bloom and a Solstice Acorn
Location I : These two chests are locked.
Location J : In this chest is the special and limitless phial containing July’s Blood (800 Spe), that will allow Ganidia to regain HP when wounded.
Location K : In this chest you will find Holidays at Sea (300 Oth), a book that teaches Nereids of Thunder. You are now done with Tangar West for a while, so you can cross back the bridge to Tangar Main Area.
Location L : This door leads back to Tangar Mountains first caves, location C.
Location M : This one contains a Trout.
Location N : This chest contains the book Using Inner Energy (400 Oth). You can now cross the door back.
Location O : This vine leads to Tangar Mountains seventh caves, location 37, where stands a chest with a Tonic Stone (300 Oth) inside.
Location P : This chest holds a Platinum Sword.
Location Q : This door leads back to Tangar Mountains first caves, location F, and since you are now done with Tangar West, you can cross it back.

Tangar Mountains caves

The Tangarian caves are the biggest map of the game. That is why I had to divide it into different parts. However, I made it as one map, that is why the locations don’t start again at every map. Here is a small reduction of the whole map, in order to help you to understand how the several maps are linked.

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Tangarcave02ulzp6

Tangar Mountains first caves

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Cave13jnig5

Location A : This door leads to Tangar Mountains main area, location J. Let’s first deal with the west part of this caves.
Location B : In this pot hide a Red Bone.
Location C : This door leads to Tangar Mountains west, location L, where you should go now.
Location D : You will find a Raw Scaloide in this pot.
Location E : There is a Cyuper Shield in the chest.
Location F : This door leads to Tangar Mountains west, location Q. Note that the chest you see east of here is empty. You should search the other side of the door to find interesting items.

Now, come back to location A, but don’t cross the door. Head south instead.
Location G : In this crate is hidden a Dwarven Gauntlet.
Location H : This door leads to Tangar Mountains main area, location K.
Location I : While this one leads to Tangar Mountains main area, location M.
Location J : There is the Holy Pendant (800 Spe) in this chest.
Location K : In this chest you will find a Golden Axe. You are now done with this part of the cave, so that you can cross back the door at location A.

To access the three next locations, you need to go to Tangar Mountains second caves.
Location P : This dwarf is training for the SankT Leona Turnament. Pretty useless, since you will win it Very Happy .
Location Q : From these two crates will you get a total of 4585 gp.
Location R : This door will lead you back to Tangar Mountains main area, location B. Since we have to go to Tangar Mountains main area, location Y, you can cross it, or cross the second caves’ door at location L

Tangar Mountains second caves

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Cave26trkw4

Location L : This door leads to Tangar Mountains main area, location X.
Location M : There is a Tonic Tea in this barrel
Location N : There are 740 gp in this pot.
Location O : In this chest is another copy of the book Legend of Thalbu.
East of here you will find the three last locations of Tangar Mountains first caves.

Location S : This door leads to Tangar Mountains main area, location Y.
Location T : In this crate is a Medicate.
Then, head north to access Tangar Mountains third caves. You can see two paths. There is nothing in the right-purple one, so take the left one (the kind of blue door east of location S).

Tangar Mountains third caves

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Cave31hxmt9

Location U : There is some Mithril in this barrel.
Location V : This chest contains a Diamond.
Location W : There is an Emerald in this chest.
Location X : This one contains a Balance shield and a Dwarven Mace.
Location Y : There is a Saphir in this pot.
Location Z : You will find an Egress certificate in this crate.
Location 1 : This guy is lost in the cave. Hopefully you’re not. Who do you thank ?... Head now east untill you find some pools, and then go south.
Location 2 : In this chest is the book Brutality (300 Oth).
Location 3 : There is a Phoenix Feather in this crate.
Location 4 : In this chest you will find 6000 gp.
Location 5 : This man is a Freeze Mage training here. Remember it since you will need him for a later quest.
Location 6 : There is a Sphere in this crate
Location 7 : Another copy of the book Brutality is in this chest. You can now come back to the pool, and go north by the path at right.
Then, head north to access Tangar Mountains forth caves.

Tangar Mountains forth caves

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Cave41xhlb1

Location 8 : This chest contains the Ice Cave Sword (500 Oth).
Location 9 : There is a Nature Diamond (500 Oth) hidden in this pot.
[Check also here for an Yveen Tear]
Back to top Go down
Indinera
Magic Master
Magic Master
Indinera

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tangar Mnts Walkthrough   Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:37 pm

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Steartangarmountains4rsex9

Location 10 : In this crate you will find 405 gp.
Location 11 : This door leads to Tangar Mountains north east, location A.

You will come to the three next locations only after a little trip in Tangar Mountains north east...
Location 16 : This vine leads back To Tangar Mountains north east, location D.
Location 17 : In this chest you will find some Mithril.
Location 18 : (East of location 17... Sorry for the bad quality of the picture.) After a short trip outside, this door leads to Tangar Mountains forth caves, location 19.

Tangar Mountains north east

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Tangarnortheastbmp1erzy6

Location A : This door leads back to Tangar Mountains forth caves, location 11.
Location B : This door leads to Tangar Mountains fifth caves, location 12.
Location C : There is a blue flame you can save at.
Location D : Climb down this vine to access to Tangar Mountains forth caves, location 16.
Location E : This is Aethyne. She will refill your HP and MP to full, and then she will offer you a battle. It is advised to have Coryool in its party, since Aethyne has some deadly spells. You can also want to get the Grokl’s Amulet before fighting her, since with it, Coryool can drain Aethyne MP, which could make the fight a lot easier. If you want to do so, climb down the rope at location G, and go to Tangar Mountains seventh caves, location 45 to get the amulet. Aethyne drops some Mithril at the end of the battle, and she will give you some
Azura (500 Oth).
Location F : This door leads to Tangar Mountains fifth caves, location 44.
Location G : This vines leads back to Tangar Mountains seventh caves, location 41.

Tangar Mountains fifth caves

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Cave52vaaa1

Location 12 : This door leads to Tangar Mountains north east, location B.
Location 13 : In this chest is a Brutal axe.
Location 14 : There is a crate hidden at the end of the corridor, and a Diamond in the crate.
Location 15 : This door leads to Tangar main area, location Z, but there is nothing interesting here.

Location 19: This door leads back to Tangar Mountains forth caves, location 18.
Location 20 : You will find 210 gp in this barrel.
Location 21 : In this open chest is the Flash ring (400 Oth).
Location 22 : This vine leads to Lady Diane’s Tomb, so you will need to come back for a later quest. Be sure to check the chest for the Lady Diane’s first bow (1000 Rel).

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Tangarcave520kdnw3

Then, go back and head north to enter Tangar Mountains sixth caves.

To access the three next locations, you will need to be at Tangar Mountains seventh caves, and to meet Aethyne.
Location 42 : There is some Mithril in this chest.
Location 43 : In this chest you will find the Georgi ring (800 Spe).
Location 44 : This door leads back to Tangar Mountains north east, location F.

Tangar Mountains sixth caves

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Cave63rduf8

Location 23 : This is an ancient dwarve langage, so that you can’t read what is written.
Location 24 : You will find the Milk of the brave in this chest.
Location 25 : Fairy Wings (300 Oth) are hidden in this chest.
Location 26 : This pot contains a Coin.
Location 27 : You will find a Red parsley in this barrel.
Location 28 : This door leads to a dead-end ledge on the mountain.
Location 29 : You will find 420 gp in this pot.

To access the three next locations, you will have to go through Tangar Mountains seventh caves.
Location 40 : In this chest stands a Noble Eagle Feather.
and
Location 47 : In this chest stands a Fur coat (300 Oth).
Location 48 : This door leads to Tangar Mountains other side, location A, which means you made it !!!! You have gone through Tangar Mountains, and you are still alive.

Tangar Mountains seventh caves

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Cave73wekb2

Location 30 : To unlock this chest, you need the Frozen Key that is in the caves at location 30. In the chest, you will find the Arkus ring (800 Spe).
Location 31 : This chest contains 2 pieces of Shark.
Location 32 : The SankT crown is hidden in this crate.
Location 33 : There is a crate hidden by the wall, in which you will find a Pineapple.
Location 34 : You will find 348 gp in this crate.
Location 35 : If you click on this blue rock, you will jump on the vine, which will lead you to a small pond. You can save here at the blue flame (which is not here because I am playing in hard mode...), before entering the door that will lead you back to the seventh caves, location 36.

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Tangarcave720nrqc8

Location 36 : This hole will lead you back to the small pond next to the location 35.
Location 37 : In this chest you will find a Tonic stone. The vine leads back to Tangar Mountains west, location O.
Location 38 : There is some Orc blood in this chest. Due to a bug (or to Coryool’s true nature), Coryool can also use this item, even if it is said only animals can.
Location 39 : In this chest (east of the location 36, sorry for the bad quality of the pictures...) is the Frozen Key that unlock the chest at location 30.
Heading east, you will enter Tangar Mountains sixth caves.

Then, come back and head west...
Location 41 : This vine leads to Aethyne, at Tangar Mountains north east, location E.

And then head north...
Location 45 : This chest contains the Grokl’s amulet (1000 Art).
Location 46 : A Brutal axe is hidden in this barrel.
Don’t forget the location 47, east of here, but on the sixth caves’ map.
Location 48 : This door leads to Tangar Mountains other side, location A, which means you made it !!!! You have gone through Tangar Mountains, and you are still alive.

Tangar Mountains, the other side...

Sorry, but no more map. It is so boring to erase the background mountains... Perhaps one day. Anyway, you have made the harder part of it.

First, talk to the man south of you. He will allow you to save your game. Then, you can talk to everybody, buy and sell stuff to the girl near the stairs at the inn. You will find 562 gp in the barrel east of the inn. Then, climb the stair at your left, in order to set a teleport point. Go down, and climb the next stairs to your left. Talk to Lise who is Jock’s mother. She will give you a package for Jock (remember that boy in a bush north to the Path to Glory, in Merthuns). The chest next to her is locked for the while, and you cannot access the second one. You can enter the cave, but I found nothing in it. Then, climb down the longest vine to get the Rose of Styx, that you will need to bring back to the Fairy Town. However, don’t do it now, since you will have to come back to Rillia in a while. Rather go north, beetween the two barriers, to leave this map.

Now, take the left bridge and climb the stair. You will find a Golden Bandana in the chest.
Come back. Head north, since there is nothing in the right path. Continue until you step on the broken bridge, and that all your party decide to ask Kevin for help. Remember you have to make Lise’s mission before Kevin fixes the bridge. I advise you to come back and open the locked chest with the Frozen Key (if it is not done) to find Arkus Ring, then egress. Bring the package to Jock (1000 Val), the rose to Fairy town (you will get some Fairy Herb
and (1000 Val)), and come back to announce it to Lise (200 Val). It will increase Random’s Attack and Speed of 2 points, and she will give you a second package . Bring it to Jock, and you will see he is not here anymore. Don’t open the package, come back to Lise (300 Val), who will give you the Love Amulet (500 Oth), 15 XP, 2000 Xp and 10 points in Mind for Luciana. Then, you can egress and teleport to Rillia. Rest, save and then go to look for Kevin. You will learn that he is now in the Rillian Mountains, so let’s go here (that is the place you were at the beginning).
Back to top Go down
Chaitan53
Seduced
Seduced

Male
Number of posts : 6
I\'m : Neutral
Registration date : 2014-06-01

PostSubject: Pics of maps   Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 5:28 am

I cant see the maps on this page man. Can you fix this, Since its very confusing following the walkthrough without maps?
Back to top Go down
ruadath

Male
Number of posts : 1
I\'m : Divine
Registration date : 2014-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Tangar Mnts Walkthrough   Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:29 am

I second Chaitan53; can you please add a link to the maps?
Back to top Go down
jimoula
Little Servant
Little Servant

Female
Number of posts : 38
I\'m : Good
Registration date : 2013-04-13

Character sheet
Creature: unknown
Class: unknown
Element: none

PostSubject: Re: Tangar Mnts Walkthrough   Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:47 am

Back to top Go down
jimoula
Little Servant
Little Servant

Female
Number of posts : 38
I\'m : Good
Registration date : 2013-04-13

Character sheet
Creature: unknown
Class: unknown
Element: none

PostSubject: Re: Tangar Mnts Walkthrough   Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:51 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tangar Mnts Walkthrough   Tangar Mnts Walkthrough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tangar Mnts Walkthrough
Page 1 of 1